Are you looking for a platform that can help you out to download the YouTube videos for free? Downloading YouTube videos is illegal according to Google’s terms and conditions. Like you cannot buy and download the videos. Downloading them from any means is illegal according to the rules set by Google. But still, if you wish to download YouTube videos then there are 3 ways to download the YouTube videos online. These ways apply to both desktop and mobile phone users. You can download the YouTube videos for free through any of these platforms like VLC Media Player, Convert2MP3 and 4K Video Downloader. Moreover, copyrighted content is also illegal to copy or download but many people are using these platforms and downloading videos to get assistance.
We are discussing all these three platforms in details with you. You can easily use any of these platforms after learning our blog.
Downloading YouTube video through 4K Video Downloader
- First go to the link https://www.4kdownload.com/products/product-videodownloader in your internet webs browsers like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera and Edge. Click on the Get 4K Video Downloader on the very left side of the website. You will see that the 4K video downloader setup will be automatically downloaded in your computer.
It is important to note that 4K windows downloader setup supports both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- After installing the 4K Video Downloader, once you see that the setup files have finished the downloading process, just install it by doing all these steps:
- If you are having Mac operating system then double click on the setup file to verify the installation if you find it necessary. You need to click and drag the 4K Video Downloader icon onto the “Applications” folder.
If you are having Windows operating system then double click on the setup file and click on the “Yes” when you find it prompted.
Get to the YouTube link by clicking on https://www.youtube.com/ through your web browser.
- Open YouTube. Go to https://www.youtube.com/ in your computer’s web browser.
- Find the video that you wish to download. You may easily search for that video by writing the name of that video through the search box present on YouTube’s homepage. After clicking on the video, you will find it working.
- Just copy the video’s address from the address bar of your browser and press Ctrl + A (Windows operating system) or press Command + A (Mac operating system) to fully select it and then press Ctrl + C to copy this.
- If you find that the 4K video downloader did not open automatically even after its successful installation then type in 4K Video Downloader then click (once or twice) the 4K Video Downloader result.
- Click Paste Link. You will find it present on the top-left corner of the 4K video downloader open window. It will help 4K Video Downloader to extract the address that you have copied.
- After it, just choose the video format. You need to click on the “Format” dropdown box on the upper right side of the window. Click on the format that you wish to use.
- If you do not see 4K video downloader listed in the quality options for that particular video which you already know that it supports 4K then just change the video format from MP4 to MKV. This will prompt the 4K option to appear on the screen for so sure.
- After doing this, you need to select the quality. If you do not select anything then the Default quality will remain selected. But you can also set the quality according to your desire by checking the box next to the different quality option. You can do it if you find that your PC does not support the highest quality videos.
- There are many laptops which do not support 4K video downloader. So if you are not having a smart PC then downloading the 4K video downloader is not beneficial.
- Please click on the “Download” at the bottom of the window. You can select the download location according to your choice. You will see that the video will begin downloading on your computer.
- Just open your video’s location. When you find that the video has been downloaded, right-click the video and then click on the “Show in Folder” from the dropdown menu. This will involve File Explorer (Windows operating system) or Finder (Mac operating system) window with your already downloaded video to easily open. You can easily double click on the video to play it on your default’s video player.
- If you are using Mac then you simply hold down the “Control” button while clicking the video to prompt the right-click menu to appear easily.
Downloading YouTube video through Convert2MP3
- Just go to YouTube from where you wish to download the video. Write https://www.youtube.com/ on your web browser and find the video that you wish to download. You can find the video by writing the keywords or the video name on the search box of YouTube. You should check and play the video first to find if it is correct or not.
- Copy URL from the address bar of the video that you wish to download but please keep this in your mind that you cannot download these videos which are copyrighted.
- Now open the Convert2MP3 site by clicking on http://convert2mp3.net/en/ on your web browser. This website allows you to download all the YouTube videos that you wish to download. This allows downloading the HD versions.
- Paste the YouTube’s video address in the search box by clicking the Insert video link (URL). The select format text box on the website to paste it.
- You need to click on mp3. This box is available on the right side of the website. You may click mp4 too that appears in the dropdown menu.
- Select the MP4 quality according to the preferred quality. Please note that you cannot see the quality that is higher than the quality used on your selected video. You will also find that some videos are downloaded in 720p quality even after selecting the 1080p.
- Click on the “Convert” orange button and it will start converting the YouTube video into an MP4 file.
- After this, click the “Download” green button. It will perfectly download YouTube video on your computer.
There is another technique discussed in “How to download YouTube Videos for Free” guide which is as:
Downloading YouTube video through VLC Player
- Go to the https://www.youtube.com/ and find the video that you wish to download. Please make sure that the video you are selecting is working fine and has no issues.
- Copy the URL of the video.
- Click on the https://www.videolan.org. to download the VLC Player. If you have already installed it then go for the next step.
- Open the Network stream that allows you to easily play content from your installed web browser in VLC.
- If you are Windows user then click on Media and then Open Network Stream.
- If you are Mac user then click File and then Open Network.
- Paste your YouTube’s video address in the bar and please make sure that you have copied the correct URL.
- You may play the video at the bottom of the window in VLC.
- To view the video’s codec information, you need to follow the following steps:
- Click Tools and then Codec Information – Windows users
- Click Window and then Media Information – Mac users
- Copy the Location field.
- Open the video on your browser and paste the YouTube’s video address bar. You will find the working video.
- Just download the video by clicking on the “Save video as” in the dropdown menu. This file will be downloaded in MP4 quality with the name “video playback”.
Related: How to Delete SnapChat Account
So these are the methods discussed in this “How to download YouTube videos for free” guide which you can use as you like.